Today I arrived at Utah State University for a conference and I was met with a familiar summer sight – a large group of students and parents touring a college campus. This is prime season for your campus tours! Here are some tips to help you get started and make sure you ask the right questions, and that you get the answers you’ll need to decide on a college for you.
- Do you offer what I want to study? It’s important that you focus on the academic area you want to!
- What do you have by way of fun stuff? Colleges and universities have hundreds upon hundreds of programs, events, clubs, groups, activities and opportunities that they are just dying to tell you about and show you. You’ll have a much better time in college (socially and academically) if you make friends to hang out with and study with.
- What types of student services do you offer? Many colleges now have state-of-the-art gyms for fitness, free health clinics and counseling services, career advising services, and much more. The fees you pay will be helping to fund many of these programs, so why not take advantage of whichever ones you can?
- Where’s the best place on campus for a nap between classes? You may think that I’m only kidding about this, but sometimes you just need a quiet place for studying or some shut-eye. More to the point, feeling comfortable and at home on a college campus is something that will probably have an impact on your college success and the experience as a whole.
So instead of spending day after day browsing webpages, emails and brochures about the institutions you’re interested in, set up a campus tour or visit! Not only will you have the opportunity to learn about all the great things each school has to offer, you will also have the chance to get a feel for the campus’ atmosphere and lifestyle. You’d have a hard time achieving those results from scanning wordy webpages! Click on any of the links below to set up some campus tours or visits at Utah colleges and universities this summer. Find your perfect fit!
- Campus Visits and Tours at the University of Utah (U of U)
- Campus Visits and Tours at Westminster College (WM)
- Campus Visits and Tours at Weber State University (WSU)
- Campus Visits and Tours at Southern Utah University (SUU)
- Campus Visits and Tours at Utah State University (USU)
- Campus Visits and Tours at Utah State University – College of Eastern Utah (USU-CEU)
- Campus Visits and Tours at Utah Valley University (UVU)
- Campus Visits and Tours at the Dixie State College (DSC)
- Campus Visits and Tours at LDS Business College (LDSBC)
- Campus Visits and Tours at Salt Lake Community College (SLCC)
- Campus Visits and Tours at Brigham Young University (BYU)
- Campus Visits and Tours at Snow College (SC)
- Campus Visits and Tours at Davis Applied Technology College (DATC)
- Campus Visits and Tours at Southwest Applied Technology College (SWATC)
There is always the chance that you may not get accepted into the number one school on your list. Just in case, visit several college or university campuses and have a few back-up college choices in mind.
For more information on campus tours and visits, check out “Real Life College Student Blog: The Importance of Visiting College Campuses.”